Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mortal Kombat

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/9/4/pax-mortal-kombat-tag-team-walkthrough-video.html

I'm really glad WB was able to acquire the Mortal Kombat franchise, because you have a kinda cool world with really weirdass characters with cool powers. For the last decade and a half the only people with this franchise have basically sat around and balanced pencils on their noses instead of producing decent products. 

What I'm liking is that it's showing a lot of the same growth and understanding of Mortal Kombat in this video. It's gory but in a way that's hilarious and awesome and ridiculous rather than just MORE BLOOD AND FEMURS!!! and focuses on combos and fluid combat mechanics. I've been saying for eons that if they want their game to be taken seriously they need to stop with the useless shit like Konquest mode or Motor Kombat and all the other token-ass side missions to make the game more sellable and instead focus on having a good game. I really think that this is what they're doing, and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was a great show of them learning that process.

I like Mortal Kombat. The character concepts are just cool by themselves, and I want them to try and use it carefully. I'm glad that, finally, they seem to be doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment